How To Repurpose Social Media Content
It takes seeing something an average of 7 times before your audience will take action on it. Is there a blog post that got a lot of traffic on your website? An Instagram feed or story post that received a ton of engagement? Don’t let that content be a one-hit wonder… repurpose it!
We’re always trying to find ways to work smarter, not harder. Repurposing content is the best way to avoid creativity paralysis where you’re trying to reinvent the wheel every time you post on each different platform. Not everyone likes to consume content the same way, some people like to watch videos, some like to read, some like to listen to a podcast in their daily commute. Imagine having to create new content for each of these mediums?! That would be time-consuming, tiresome and you’re more than likely to give up before you even get started. Let your great content work for you on multiple platforms to get your message across loud and clear and to free up your creativity for other projects.
Here are a couple of ways that you can repurpose your content.
- Turn it into an Instagram Guide
- Post a similar photo or caption to your Instagram Feed
- Rewrite your blog post as an email series or downloadable freebie
- Share your best content in your email newsletter
- Repurpose your best Stories as a blog post
- Turn blog posts or Instagram feed posts into pins for Pinterest
- Create a podcast episode
- Film yourself while recording a podcast episode and upload it to IGTV or YouTube
- Turn a podcast episode into snippets to be used in posts or in Instagram Reels or TikToks
- Take snippets of a great blog post and make a couple of different posts for Instagram or Facebook posts
- Make an Instagram Stories series
- Repurpose your post content and use it as ad copy
- Repost your blogs on Medium with canonical links
- Repurpose your blog post into an article and submit it to be published in a bridal magazine or website
- Include your best blogs and FAQ’s in a welcome package for your brides
- Update the copy on your website with some of the content that gets the most engagement on your social platforms
- Create an infographic
- Make tweets into Instagram posts
Here’s a challenge for you: take a look at your most engaged-with Instagram post and think of 3 ways that you can repurpose it. Send us your ideas in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you our feedback!